PHP developer internship at GoCustomized
An internship revolving around PHP development for an e-commerce company. Do you want to prove yourself and grow as a worker at a young e-commerce start-up located in the center of Amsterdam? Then this internship is definitely for you! You will develop your entrepreneurial skills and gain on the job experience in a growing market of customized products, at the same time you will help us develop our online Magento-based shops!
At GoCustomized BV: a young e-commerce specialist with innovative web shops located in many countries around the world. From our office in the heart of Amsterdam, we focus on the unique and original personalized products market. We specialize in personalizing gadgets, for example, iPhone cases and iPad covers with pictures and logos. After a strong start in the Netherlands in 2012, we are well on the way to becoming a top-3 player in Europe with operations in seven European countries including Germany, France, England and Sweden.
We want the internship to match to your capabilities. Before starting your internship, we will consult with you in order to determine what you want to learn here at our company and which of the following activities would help develop you best. You will be guided by an expert in PHP development.
- Develop new features and expand existing elements of our online shops.
- Managing development, from design to creation of new features
- Identify alignments in the Magento shop environment
- Analyze and automate business processes using Magento as middleware, from production to financial accounting.
- Help set up a new sales channel including its online shop.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree (and enrolled at a university).
- A hands-on and integrated mentality.
- Interest in e-commerce and online marketing.
- Knowledge of HTML5 / CSS
- Knowledge of PHP5 / OO
- Knowledge of Magento / Zend Framework big advantage
- You are motivated and driven.
- You show initiative and are eager to learn.
- You can work independently as well as on a team.
- You have an eye for design.
- Agile development experience.
- GIT / Source Tree experience.
What do we offer
- An internship in the center of Amsterdam in an inspiring and growing environment.
- The opportunity to learn a lot and develop yourself and your programming knowledge at a young start-up in e-commerce.
- A market-based salary.
The period of your internship is flexible and can be discussed, however in principle, it will be at least 4 months. During this time you will work 5 days a week. This internship will start in March/April 2016, however we are constantly looking for interns throughout the year.
Please send your CV and a short letter of motivation, in english, to Marc Hilhorst (email@example.com). Feel free to email us if you have any questions!